Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with our esteemed client, one of the largest independent healthcare providers of quality nursing home care in Ireland, are seeking to recruit an experienced Director of Nursing (DON), for their modern nursing home located in North Cork.
This is a purpose built 36 bed nursing home centrally located in a busy market town. Residents have varying needs from specialist nursing support to general assistance with everyday living.
The director of nursing will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the delivery of a high standard of person centred care to residents within the home, by nursing and care staff. Ensuring that set standards and legislative requirements for resident care are attained and exceeded. Ensuring the development of policies, programmes and evidence-based practice are consistent with HIQA standards and standard policies within the nursing home.
- RGN on the general division of the NMBI.
- Minimum of 3 years elderly care nursing experience in the last 6 years.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience essential.
- Post- registration Management Qualification.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or related field desirable.
- Previous experience in a DON Role preferable.
- Excellent communication, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA requirements.
- Sound decision making ability and results driven.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company.
- Good appreciation of finance issues.
Further details available by contacting Catherine Jung on + 353 21 4626140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org