This organisation comprises of two Hospices both providing specialist palliative care to both cancer and non-cancer patients (motor neurone disease, Parkinson’s, end stage cardiac failure, dementia patients to name but a few).
Our client currently employs 215 staff which equates to 170 WTE. In addition to this we have over 750 volunteers.
The two Hospices serve a patient population of around 360,000 covering all or part of the boroughs of the surrounding area.
The Purpose of the role is to
To provide a high quality specialist palliative care service to patients with a life limiting illness and to provide care and support for the families, carers and those close to them.
To deliver evidence based specialist palliative care to patients and their families. To have accountability for delivering a holistic approach to patient centred care, which is of an excellent standard and meets the needs of individuals.
- RN educated to Diploma level, Degree level or working towards degree
- No Palliative care experience however has willingness to undertake PAH ECEPC/Diploma in Palliative Care
- Qualified 2 years or more
- Educated to degree level or working towards
- Two years post Registration experience preferred but not always essential if can demonstrate passion for Palliative Care
- Minimum 2 years palliative care experience
- Has mentorship or will undertake mentorship course within 12 months of commencement at WSBH and mentor students and junior nurses
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of research based clinical experience
- Extended clinical knowledge and skills
Skills and Abilities
- Has an understanding of a high standard of patient care and works in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct and Practice
- Has additional clinical knowledge/skills I,e male and female catheterisation
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Highly skilled in communication
- Team skills, able to work effectively in a team
- Problem solving skills, able to solve problems, taking into account and working with others to produce workable solutions
- Teaching skills, able to teach students and junior staff
- Good knowledge of pain symptom control
- To refer competently and appropriately to medical on-call team
- To be skilled in specialist communication, I,e breaking bad news about disease progression and prognosis
- To be able to support colleagues in stressful and emotional situations
- Able to solve complex issues
- Able to balance conflicting priorities and manage a challenging workload in a calm and professional manner
- To disseminate specialist Palliative Care knowledge to other health care professionals
For further information on these exciting positions please contact Helen Egan in the strictest of confidence on 0035391507524 or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: hospice nurse, hospice nursing, palliative care nurse, palliative care nursing, uk nursing vacancies, nursing jobs UK, nursing jobs England, nursing jobs surrey, nursing vacancies uk, nursing jobs uk, nursing jobs UK.